Monday 30 June 2008

My review comments -> Ritesh Sharma & Neeraj Pahlajani - Joker in the Pack

Once again after “Five Point Someone”, a really nice stuff that I enjoyed reading. Again as written by an Indian writer, it is very much comprehensible and especially when used the Jargons in Hindi or some sentences in Hindi .
        The funny thing or the irony part is that, I will feel little embarrassed to refer it to my female friend or relatives due to the excessive usage of Hindi abusive language. But in real and practical life people often use such slang languages.
        What I really like about this book is how the “Janta or Fighter” class people strive for success in life. It is a sort of motivational book for me that I like to keep with me for whole life or until I achieved the same kind of success after prolonged struggle.
        Here the book depicts very clearly, how the personality of a person changed while achieving his/her desired goal in life. The switch from college loafer to MNC’s manager is great, but to achieve this its requires lots of hard work, will power, and people support (in form of family, friend, mentor or stranger).
        At the end, this book is doing a great genuine help by supporting the “Manjunath Shanmugan Trust”.


Few lines that I really liked are :
a) Page 168 (2nd last paragraph): … I felt sorry for her, and I wondered again at the price we paid in search of glory.
b) Page 174 (2nd paragraph): “Waqt se pehle, aur kismet se zyada, na kisi ko kuch mila hai, aur na kuch milega.” (Nobody gets anything more than what’s in their fate, or before it’s their time.)
c) Page 188 (last paragraph): … the single biggest factor contributing to our success was ‘being at the right place at the right time’.
d) Page 195 (1rst paragraph): … I looked back and realized that while I had been a successful middle-class dream I had lost Anoushka, the person for whom I had embarked upon the journey to realize the dream.

No comments: